[tex-live] automatically print dvi files to a printer on windoze

hw hw at gartencenter-vaehning.de
Fri Jun 12 15:21:03 CEST 2015

Am 12.06.2015 um 15:11 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:
> Fonts are not the only problem. Buch more serious problem is that
> paper size is unknown. It is possible to use \special but it depends
> on the output driver to be used. It is much better to use pdftex
> because the paper size can be given by several ways (geometry package,
> zwpagelayout package, pdftex primitives) and it is properly set in the
> resulting PDF. All PDF readers on all platforms will see the correct
> paper size and many printer drivers are then able to switch the tray
> if your printer contains several trays with different paper sizes.

My impression was that the PDF viewer does something with the paper size
or whatever and thus messes up the printing.  I should probably do
another test with a PDF file generated by pdflatex to see if it gives
better results.  The geometry package is used to set the paper size and
margins.

The printer doesn't have trays to select from.  Blank labels are fed
from a roll inside the printer, and the printer driver knows what size
labels are being printed by the user selecting the label through its
options dialog.