[tex-live] [luatex] lltxplatform integration

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Jun 5 12:03:02 CEST 2015

> If I understand it well, the problem is that ".so" are usually
> dynamically linked to other ".so" and this is what is distro
> dependent.

Ok, is this the case with all .so files? Or can .so files be statically
linked for instance? (I'm no expert in this area)

For instance if LuaTeX wants to split into one kernel and several
modules, will be it removed from TL?

> And there is one more point. Some universities have network
> installation. There is one TL version with binaries for all platforms
> which is shared via NFS with unix computers and via CIFS with Windows
> computers. All these computers must know how to find the correct
> so/dll.

Sure, but with

CLUAINPUTS =
$SELFAUTOLOC/lib/{$architecture,}/{$progname,$engine,}/lua//

this problem would vanish I suppose?

Thank you,
--
Elie