[tex-live] Tex-live 2015: installation issue with specifying letter paper

Ken Vetzal kvetzal at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 23 19:46:36 CEST 2015

I've run into an issue when installing tex-live 2015 on a linux machine
(specifically linux mint 17, 32-bit version).  I ran ./install-tl -gui
and selected the basic scheme (plain and latex). I also requested letter
paper rather than a4. Installation appeared to be fine, except for the
following warning message:

./install-tl: tlmgr --no-execute-actions paper letter failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable

I am not sure exactly what "temporarily" means, but this has been
happening consistently for about a week now.

Subsequent to installation, running tlmgr paper gives:

Current dvipdfmx paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-config/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg): letter
Current dvips paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-config/dvips/config/config.ps): letter
Current pdftex paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-config/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex):
letter
Current xdvi paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-config/xdvi/XDvi): letter
tlmgr: An error has occurred. See above messages. Exiting.

I don't know if this is actually a problem or not.  Can anyone please
advise?

Thanks,
Ken