[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:04:32 CEST 2015

On 13 July 2015 at 16:41, Georgios Akrivis <akrivis at cs.uoi.gr> wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have a book written in XeLaTeX, in which I include both eps and pdf files.
> (I created the pdf files -which are simply small figures- with LaTeX using an
> eps file, in order to take advantage of the psfrag package.)
> I have been using tex-live on my Mac for several years now and there was
> no problem at all. Now I downloaded the 2015 version of tex-live (until
> recently I used tex-live 2014) and noticed that where I include a pdf file
> all I get is a blank space of the size of the corresponding figure.
>
> I use the package graphicx and, for example, the command
>
> \includegraphics[width=2in]{sx4_1n.pdf}
>
> to include the pdf file sx4_1n.pdf in a figure environment.
>
> Is there a remedy to this problem?
>
> I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Sincerely yours
>
> Georgios Akrivis

I don't think there were any relevant changes in latex/graphicx, there
are updates
in xetex and the dvi driver, but I don't recall seeing any reports of
problems with pdf inclusion.

Are you sure nothing has enabled the [draft] option which forces
graphicx to leave space
without including the figure?

Otherwise if you could make the pdf file available somewhere (or mail
it to me) I could try in 2014 and 2015 and see what happens...

David