[tex-live] Compiling from source

Henrique Lengler henriqueleng at opmbx.org
Wed Jan 14 06:59:36 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm compiling texlive from source, but I'm in doubt about something.
I already compiled the source and installed the binaries to
/usr/local/texlive/2014.
I understood that I need to get extra files to make all the stuff work.
But I don't know where to get and what to do with it.
The link https://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html say to "copy/move he bindir
to the existing Master/bin/archname in a full TL checkout" but this sound
pretty confusing. So should I clone TL from the mirror and move the binaries
to the Master folder of it? But I have more than the bin folder in
/usr/local/texlive/2014, and also where should this new folder Master +
"the bins of /usr/local/texlive/2014" stay?

I already did a lot of mistakes, so I'm asking to now do the right thing.

!Summarizing, could someone tell what to do to end my setup with a working
tex enviroment, starting from the point I stopped?

Regards,

Henrique Lengler