[tex-live] Issue installing Tex Live on Windows 10

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Aug 4 22:53:26 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 08:56:29AM +0200, Andrea Eugenio Gini wrote:
> Hi, I tried to install Tex Live on a clean installation of Windows 10 home
> 64bit (so the system is clean and recently wiped and reinstalled) but i
> have some issues.
>
> When I start the installation process via network the CMD (anche
> installation itself) shut down at the very beginning.
> Right after the running of the installer or the batch file a popup show up
> with an alert message. "Error of the application. It is impossible to start
> the application 0xc0000142"
> The title of the pop up is "Perl.exe"

This is the answer I posted on tex.stackexchange:

I just tested with a brand-new wx pro 64-bits and an advanced user
installand had no problems. To be exact: I downloaded the exe,
selected the unpack option and after it finished unpacking I
double-clicked install-tl-advanced.bat, but clicking the advanced
button also started up the main installer interface.

I searched for this "0xc0000142" error. Unfortunately it seems a
pretty intractable beast.

As a workaround, you can do a portable install on a usb stick from
another computer.

--
Siep Kroonenberg