[tex-live] XeTeX Complete Success

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Tue Apr 28 09:17:28 CEST 2015

> I think the question is still relevant, for SFNT-CFF fonts, should
> FT_Get_Postscript_Name return the name from ‘name’ table or the
> ‘CFF’ table?

In the light of the recent OpenType version, stuff in the SFNT's
`name' table(s) should always have priority.

> This is relevant here because fonts in a font collections sharing a
> ‘CFF’ table will return the same name (this is not a bug per se).

Exactly.  One more reason that separate `name' tables in a TTC should
be used.

Looking into Adobe's freely available SourceHanSans.ttc (having a size
of 111 MByte, with a whopping number of 28 subfonts), I see that
FreeType doesn't do the right thing.  Fixed now in git, please test.

    Werner