[tex-live] mapping files for OpenType fonts which follow the Unicode system

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 27 09:33:42 CEST 2015

Am Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:08:13 -0400 schrieb roger:

> Here is the problem from a practical viewpoint. I wanted to produce, using
> coded input, i.e. NOT by typing in Cree which as far as I can tell is what
> XeTex is all about,

No this is not what xetex is about. You can in a xetex document type
in an € and get the correct output. But you can also define a
command \def\euro{\char"20AC}  and then type \euro.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\def\euro{\char"20AC} \euro
\end{document}

You could also use a teckit-mapping to transform a latin input into
a cree output:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/44709/serbian-cyrillic-using-luatex-and-xetex

--
Ulrike Fischer