[tex-live] TeTeX in TeX Live 2015 broken on Mac

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Apr 24 19:12:33 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 05:57:15PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> > Phil, please reread the code... there is a
> > 	\fi
> > followed by a
> > 	\bye
> > at the end of the FIRST line.
>
> Yes, I posted a correction to my earlier message as soon as I realised
> this.  But as a result, I do not understand the purpose of Khaled's code :
>
> 	\ifnum\XeTeXcountvariations\font>0\fi\bye

The bug that is being fixed here caused \XeTeXcountvariations to not
“consume” its argument (or what ever it is called, it just didn’t take
any arguments), so the \font was lingering there confusing \ifnum, which
caused the rather misleading error message. If the code runs without
error, then all is fine as far as this bug is concerned.

Regards,
Khaled