[tex-live] XeTeX or xdvipdfmx Broken on Mac

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Apr 24 11:36:59 CEST 2015

> builds dvipdfmx but not xetex, there is even no xetex target so
> something must have gone wrong during the configure process. If I
> don't add --without-x I will reach some X not found for MetaFont
> error. (why do we even need that?)

  Under X systems, Metafont displays by default a window with the glyphs
of the font being compiled, that would be why you need X for a full
installation.  There is an executable called mf-nowin that does not open
the X window.

  Sorry I can't be more help with your main problem, I haven't been very
up-to-date with TeX on the Mac lately.

	Best,

		Arthur