[tex-live] Error updating "critical infrastructure" for the 2015 pretest on a Mac

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Apr 21 03:12:48 CEST 2015

Hi, all,

I installed the MacTex-2015 package for the OS X (10.6.8) and then ran the TeX Live Utility to get updates.  I was informed, politely, that I had to install updates for "critical infrastructure".  After complete, I got an alert saying that after the update, the new and old versions had the same version number, and that if this persisted, I should wait until TeX-Live corrects the problem.

I quit and relaunched TLU, and this time, got a list of updates, which TLU proceeded to download.

I did not see this mentioned in earlier discussions, and I'm not sure that it matters, but am reporting to for "completeness".

Thanks as always for the hard work to keep TeX moving!

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large