[tex-live] fmtutil-sys bug

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:45:07 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have just rsync'ed installed TeX Live from x86_64 to Raspberry Pi and ran
fmtutil-sys -all in order to see whether it builds the formats. It ends
with:

cannot remove path when cwd is /tmp/Mp1Dlms0LS for /tmp/Mp1Dlms0LS:  at
/usr/share/perl/5.14/File/Temp.pm line 902

It seems harmless but it also says:

fmtutil [INFO]: /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/lollipop.fmt
installed.
fmtutil [WARNING]: inifile cslatex-utf8.ini for pdfcslatex/pdftex not found.
fmtutil [WARNING]: inifile cslatex-utf8.ini for cslatex/pdftex not found.
fmtutil [INFO]: Disabled formats: 10
fmtutil [INFO]: Successfully rebuild formats: 44
fmtutil [INFO]: Failure during builds: 2

I hope that these 2 failures refer to those 2 waning. I will examine
cslatex-utf8.ini issue. It is not a problem in TeX Live, it certainly comes
from my local fmtutil.cnf. I know that Petr Olšák made changes to CSTeX a
long time ago but old configuration might have survived in my Raspberry.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz