[tex-live] TL2015 - missing \locbox breaks package forest

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu Apr 16 08:36:38 CEST 2015

Le 16 avr. 2015 à 07:59, Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> a écrit :

> On 15/04/2015 23:28, jfbu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not sure this belongs to this list. I don't know to whom report it.
>>
>> package forest uses \locbox at one location, which comes from etex.sty
>>
>> apparently something has changed with LaTeX 2015/01/01, hence
>> \locbox is missing when forest.sty needs it
>>
>> ERROR: Undefined control sequence.
>>
>> --- TeX said ---
>> <argument> \locbox
>>                   \forest at temp@box \forestolet {box}\forest at temp@box
>> l.18 \end{forest}
>>

>> Jean-Francois
>
> The LaTeX kernel changes about allocation mean that the etex package is
> no longer needed to get extended allocation. As a result, etoolbox no
> longer loads the etex package if a new kernel is available. Looks like
> forest doesn't explicitly load the etex package but then relies on it.
> Adding \RequirePackage{etex} should fix the document, but really the
> forest package should get adjusted.
> --
> Joseph Wright

I recall having seen the relevant CTAN announcement with an etoolbox
release on c.t.tex. I CC to the maintainer of the forest package.

I do not master grep enough to scan the style files for identifying
packages loading etoolbox but not etex AND relying on some things like
\locbox, there might be a few besides forest.sty

Jean-François