[tex-live] Duplicate Thai patterns reported by XeTeX in TL 2015pretest

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:41:42 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> I just wanted to confirm that I'm able to reproduce the problem on Mac
>> OS X 10.7. Like JF I had to manually patch mktexlsr first (lack of
>> "mktemp --tmpdir" as already reported in "problem (perhaps) with
>> texhash in TL2015 pretest" on the mailing list), but the format
>> generation broke at exactly the same point.
>

> (1) The difference from yesterday in the case of xelatex.fmt:
> xelatex.ini was updated for LaTeX2e <2015/01/01>, and now
> unicode-letters.def is used instead of the unicode-letters.tex.
> There is no problem here in the new LaTeX2e and xelatex.ini.
>
> (2) For xetex.fmt, nothing is changed.
> So it is strange if it was OK yesterday, but it is NG today.

Ah. Missing entries in unicode-letters.def/tex could easily explain
the behaviour we are seeing. It could be that the character
immediately following "ก4ข" is not/no longer defined to be a letter
(it might indeed be an accent or so).

The changes between unicode-letters.tex and unicode-letters.def are
too big to be able to diagnose anything quickly.

Mojca