[tex-live] install-tl, tlutils.pm fail with perl 5.21.5

Nathan naroyce at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:21:10 CEST 2014

That "arch remove" is a handy tip.
As for the latest and "greatest", I tend to pull in the trunk for anything
I can and know from experience there will very likely be
issues/incompatibilities.
In such cases, I'll put out there what I've found as an FYI and let the
devs battle it out. I figure you all probably use the stable tools, but
this way you'll know what's coming down the pipe (pike?).

A couple of examples relating to GCC is an ISL change with "isl_int" and
"isl_val", so I can't use the latest ISL. And I can't use the latest GCC
because of ncurses. Both issues have already been reported by someone else.