[tex-live] install-tl, tlutils.pm fail with perl 5.21.5

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 21 09:57:34 CEST 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Nathan wrote:
> Yup, that patch sort of did the trick (minus the extra '(' at "(my @mans
> =").

Yeah, sorry for that ;-)

> Can't modify split in chomp at

Probably the same ... argg ... and there will be many more in
tlmgr.pl ...

> On a side note (shall I create a new thread?), I noticed that during
> install, when I select "armhf-linux" and deselect "x86_64-linux" under
> Binaries, it DOES deselect "x86_64-linux" except when returning to the main
> menu, it shows 2 Binaries selected and entering back into that menu shows
> it is re-selected.

Hmmm, are you installing on x86_64-linux? From the logs you send
it looks like you are installing on a different machine ..
The currently running platform will *always* be installed.
Otherwise the post install programs cannot be run.

Norbert