[tex-live] an issue with running dvipdfmx from a makefile

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Oct 4 23:05:11 CEST 2014

Le 4 oct. 2014 à 22:46, Josef Kleber <josef.kleber at gmx.de> a écrit :

> Am 04.10.2014 um 22:21 schrieb jfbu:
>> When I do make test, I get
>>
>> dvipdfmx:warning: Failed to create temporary input file for PSTricks image conversion.
>>

> That's a strange error. Are you sure you don't mix files?
>
>> When I use directly the script.sh from the command line
>> there is no such warning
>>
>> This happens with a minimal latex file as source of the dvi
>>
>> ///contents of makefile:
>> test:
>> 	chmod u+x script.sh; ./script.sh
>>
>> \\\end of makefile
>>
>> What should I know better?
>
> Works for me (Win7/Cygwin) if i change the makefile to get a temp.dvi:
>
> +++

Apologies, my explanations were lacking a crucial element, I omitted
to mention that my Makefile also had at the top

TMPDIR = tmp

thus it was not as in my message, sincere apologies.

In the big Makefile the $(TMPDIR) was used, but I did not think
it would create the phenomenon,

thus my Makefile for a MWE is:

TMPDIR = tmp

test:
	chmod u+x script.sh; ./script.sh

All things being otherwise equal.

And, Josef, if I now do like you, with a latex rule, it does
not make the issue go away.

(I am on mac os x mavericks)

SORRY for the omitted crucial bit of information!

best regards

Jean-Francois