[tex-live] interactiveplot

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 28 02:42:49 CET 2014

Heiko has explicated the policy well.

I will not myself agree to changing the current TeX Live policy, but:

(a) If there is a consensus among the people willing to do the work to
do so, I will happily resign from all TL work.

(b) As I understand it, such packages can be added (by anyone willing to
do the work) to the metatex repository, http://tlcontrib.metatex.org.

(c) If people expressed their opinions this widely to the developers of
the free software PDF viewers, or (even better) contributed code, then
it could only help those viewers, and thus the rest of the world, in
having those nifty features.  Which is the purpose of the policy.

(d) Of course anyone can make their own TeX distribution at any time
following whatever policy they wish.

Meanwhile, I have today's packages to update.

Karl