[tex-live] TexLive portable

Martin Afanasjew martin-lists at afanasjew.de
Thu Mar 13 14:57:56 CET 2014

Hi Reinhard, hi Norbert,

On 2014-03-13 00:23, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> Anyway, it's possible to use UDF.
>
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format
>
> [...]
>
> Regarding UDF on OS X, it's certainly worthwhile to check from time to
> time whether the situation changed.  IMO UDF is a good thing and I
> doubt that Apple can ignore it for $t/to/infty$.

Apparently it is already possible (and was for quite some time) for all
three major OSes (Linux, OS X, Windows). The difficulties are mostly
related to partitioning schemes and block size, which is detailed in

   http://sipa.ulyssis.org/2010/02/filesystems-for-portable-disks/

Someone else put the script that resulted from this investigation on GitHub:

   https://github.com/ameenross/udfhd

Since I haven't tested this yet, I cannot say if that still works
(things might have changed since 2010).

Regards,
Martin