[tex-live] [BUG] Upgrade-Description

moonkid at posteo.org moonkid at posteo.org
Sat Jun 28 20:07:08 CEST 2014

The description how to upgrade from 2013 to 2014 is buggy.

There are two points missing.

1.
It is not clear which of the command need be run as root. And in point
of that it doesn't respect the fact, that "user" and "root" have
different PATH variables. Because of that...
Some command/scripts doesn't work as root because the binarys (e.g.
kpsewhich) are not found.
Some command/scripts doesn't work as user.

2.
On point 8 it is not enough description of what the commands there do.
What is kpsewhich? Ok, now I know. TEXMFSYSCONFIG give the wrong string
back. "texmf-config" doesn't work here. The "web2c" directory is under
"texmf-dist".

Please fix it. It costs me hours of work to upgrade.