[tex-live] matlab-prettifier package available on CTAN but not in Tex Live. Why?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jun 20 02:19:47 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-20 at 01:09:05 +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > > But it's ok if it supports free software too, for instance both,
 > > Matlab *and* Octave or SPSS *and* R.
 > >

 > Yes, that's why I mentioned, that Matlab and Octave have almost
 > identical syntax.

Octave is actually quite compatible with Matlab.  If you insist on
full compatibility you have to invoke Octave with the --braindead
option.  As far as syntax is concerned, the most significant
difference is that Matlab's comment char is '%' while Octave supports
both, '%' and '#'.  This should be considered by a matlab-prettifier,
not to mention the additional Octave keywords you offered.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de