[tex-live] matlab-prettifier package available on CTAN but not in Tex Live. Why?

Julien Cretel jubobs.tex at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:03:11 CEST 2014

I submitted my very first package to CTAN earlier this year. The ctan.org
site lists it since at least late April 2014:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/matlab-prettifier

However, to this day, I have never seen my package listed as part of Tex
Live 2013; in other words, the TeX Live Utility (I'm on Mac OS X) has never
listed it under the "Packages" tab. I've now installed and switched to Tex
Live 2014, but my package is not listed in there either.

Does the absence of my package in Tex Live 2014 have to do with the annual
freeze period? What am I doing wrong? Was my package simply overlooked, as this
TeX.SX guesses
<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/185495/when-would-a-package-be-listed-on-the-ctan-site-but-not-be-available-in-tex-live#comment428839_185495>
?