[tex-live] multimarkdown

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jun 8 04:09:41 CEST 2014

Hi Sharon,

> building a PDF version of a manual for a software programme where
> the developer wants to use markdown, but I've created the manual

I do the same for a program where I write the reference manual.

> using latex. So I'm building a markdown PDF using pandoc, but, in

No, you are not building the pdf with pandoc ;-)))

pandoc creates a tex files from the input, and behind the scenes
calls pdflatex (or xelatex).

> my opinion, the latex PDF looks the best and is easiest to read and
> use. But the ultimate decision is his :)

I don't think there is any difference between the pandoc created pdf
and any other way. At the end the street is always:
	markdown  --(via pandoc)--> tex --(via latex)--> pdf

But honestly, this discussion has no place here - this is the
list the organizes the *development* of TeX Live.

We should continues this discussion either in private, or on
a different mailing list.

All the best

Norbert