[tex-live] multimarkdown

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Sat Jun 7 15:55:37 CEST 2014

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> On Sat, 07 Jun 2014, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> Is 'multimarkdown' part of texlive please? I just downloaded the
>> latest version of texlive in debian testing yesterday and I can't
>> find it in it.
>
> No, markdown in all its variants is not part of TeX Live itself.
> But since you are using Debian, why not simply install one of
> the following programs with
> 	apt-get install <progname>
> Here are some that might be of interest for you
> <progname>	<description>
> pandoc - general markup converter
> markdown - Text-to-HTML conversion tool
> retext - Simple text editor for Markdown and reStructuredText
>
> or search with
> 	apt-cache search markdown
>
> Enjoy
>
> Norbert

Thanks Norbert.

I have all three installed and in use. My current project is
building a PDF version of a manual for a software programme where
the developer wants to use markdown, but I've created the manual
using latex. So I'm building a markdown PDF using pandoc, but, in
my opinion, the latex PDF looks the best and is easiest to read and
use. But the ultimate decision is his :)

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.91.1