[tex-live] Problems with non-7bit characters in filename

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Jul 7 07:57:44 CEST 2014

Dear Reinhard,

> if you implemented it successfully for xetex and uptex I strongly
> recommend to contact Taco, the author of luatex.  It's probaly more
> work to achieve this with luatex because files can be accessed by TeX
> as well as by Lua.

As I wrote, Tanaka-san's patch was once applied on LuaTeX (0.78.0).
However, ConTeXt-minimal installer and ConTeXt mkiv did not work.
Further, Hans dislikes to touch command-line arguments.

In the latest dev version (r5033: luatex-dev-w32.tar.xz,
luatex-dev-w64.tar.xz), I provide a luatex which uses Tanaka-san's
patch if ond only if
(1)
command_line_encoding = utf8
is set in texmf.cnf
(2) the first argument (argv[1]) is --cmdx.

Therefore, I expect lualatex --cmdx  ... behaves like the
lualatex  ... in MikTeX.

As the default behaviors are not changed, ConTeXt mkiv works fine.

Thanks,
Akira