[tex-live] Install file of the TL should have unique name

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 17 18:10:10 CET 2014

Le vendredi 17/01/14 à 11h09,
Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl> a écrit :

> We shall look at that for the next release. However, as long as
> people just click the right link on
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html, they never have
> to see this list.

Except for those who install TL from a DVD shipped by their TUG. And,
similarly, for the LaTeX courses I give in some French universities,
I provided to the students an up to date TL (thanks to rsync) as an .iso
file on a USB stick.

> This page has just been updated to point first to the exe and only
> further down to the zip. This should also make things easier in most
> cases.

OK but, IMHO net install is not always the better way to go and the
other ways of installing TL should be considered.

Anyway, thanks!
--
Denis