[tex-live] Package name of dvipdfmx cause warning messages

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Jan 14 09:02:05 CET 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> The code tells me that some parts for the file search uses the
> macro PACKAGE and not argv[0] ... see src/dpxfile.c .. and this not
> only for MIKTEX

Hi Werner,

you are using an old and obsolete version of the sources.  In TeX Live 2013
there was texk/dvipdfmx/src/dpxfile.c whereas the current SVN sources have
texk/dvipdfm-x/dpxfile.c, not using PACKAGE.  It does, however, use PREFIX
"dvipdfm-x." but only to generate the name of an optional cache file.

Perhaps that PREFIX should be changed.

Regards
Peter