[tex-live] Installation bug report - win7

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Dec 12 11:47:08 CET 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 09:00:00AM +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:
> the only thing I wanted to test was to see if we could provoke the same error from the installer

Don't get your hopes up. This was not a general problem. Sometimes a
problem disappears simply by running the code with a debugger.

> I would start by making a copy of the installer, such that it does not install any packages. Then we can see how it behaves when that particular system call fails, and perhaps write some good error handling for it.

I am pretty sure that it was a permission problem. It is worth
trying to replace KEY_ALL_ACCESS with KEY_READ | KEY_WRITE

> Anyone know if the uninstaller can be retrofitted via tlmgr? AFAIR tlmgr and add the menu and can add the TL path to the system path (or am I remembering wrong). But I do not remember if it can also install the uninstaller.

You can comment out the creation of the registry key. The
uninstaller is the batchfile <root>/tlpkg/installer/uninst.bat which
can be called directly.

--
Siep Kroonenberg