[tex-live] [pretest] problem generating formats (jadetex, mptopdf)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Apr 28 15:25:02 CEST 2014

Hi Tomek,

> I'm pretty sure argument duplication happens in the tool/script that
> calls fmtutil-sys and not in runscript.tlu wrapper itself. The wrapper
> passes through the command line arguments as is, no editing happens
> there.

I have just confirmed the following:

/*
  fmtutil.c (a test program to show problems in runscript.tlu)
*/

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   int i;

   for(i = 0; i < argc; i++)
      printf("%s\n", argv[i]);

   return 0;
}

I executed on the console

fmtutil-sys --byfmt jadetex

The outputs of the test program are:

fmtutil
--byfmt
jadetex
--byfmt
jadetex

Clearly  '--byfmt jadetex'  is duplicated.

A correct line 595 in runscript.tlu may be (?)

  ARGV = {[0]=BINDIR..'/fmtutil.exe', 'fmtutil'}

Thanks,
Akira