[tex-live] [pretest] problem generating formats (jadetex, mptopdf)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Apr 28 05:49:11 CEST 2014

Hi Norbert,

>> I think that the problem is solved by an attached
>> patch: runscript.tlu.diff.
>> But I'm not confident that the patch is safe.
>
> Hmmm, that sounds dangerous. From the comments it looks
> like that this patch would disable all other command line
> arguments to be passed to the actual script.

I also think so.
However, in the case of fmtutil-sys, because of

line 595 of runscript.tlu:
  ARGV = {[0]=BINDIR..'/fmtutil.exe', 'fmtutil', argline}

and

line 649 of runscript.tlu:
  table.insert(ARGV, argline) -- pass through original arguments

the command

fmtutil --byfmt jadetex --byfmt jadetex

is actually executed and  it works.
Note the doubled arguments.

It seems that some cleanups are necessary in the runscript.tlu.

Thanks,
Akira