[tex-live] [pretest] problem generating formats (jadetex, mptopdf)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 27 20:41:42 CEST 2014

Stephan Hennig <mailing_list at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 27.04.2014 00:26, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
>
> > However, the search facility of the CTAN web interface supports only
> > packages but not files within a particular package.
>
> But didn't CTAN provide file searching in the past?

yes.  described in my faq as "crude".  i maintain that same algorithm
("grep") bundled as a search over my copy of the archive.  however the
implementer of the new web stuff believes (with some reason, imo) that
it's distractingly feeble for the general public.

we believe the new web service is usable, and an improvement on what we
had before.

we don't claim it's the last word!

robin