[tex-live] [pretest] problem generating formats (jadetex, mptopdf)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 27 00:26:36 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-26 at 22:35:12 +0200, Stephan Hennig wrote:

 > Am 26.04.2014 18:29, schrieb Karl Berry:
 >
 > >     Log files for jadetex and mptopdf are attached.  A file mlnames.sty
 > >     seems to be missing for jadetex.  Perhaps a missing dependency?
 > >
 > > mlnames.sty is part of "passivetex".
 >
 > This is the information I was missing.  I did search for mlnames.sty on
 > CTAN, without results,

It's on CTAN:

  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xmltex/contrib/passivetex/mlnames.sty

However, the search facility of the CTAN web interface supports only
packages but not files within a particular package.  Searching for
"vntex" (the package) succeeds but searching for "vntex.sty" fails.

It's easy to find files if you have a local CTAN mirror and if you can
make use of the powerful tools available on every Unix installation:

  $ find /mirror/CTAN -name mlnames.sty
  /mirror/CTAN/tex-archive/macros/xmltex/contrib/passivetex/mlnames.sty

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25