[tex-live] TL 13 -- how many maintained installations are there?

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Apr 15 17:00:19 CEST 2014

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Leave your fingerprints on a place where somebody will be murdered
> half an hour after your departure and you will be put to prison. This
> really happens in many countries. If your fingerprints are not
> timestamped and the murder is not timestamped, you will have problems
> to give an evidence that you were not there in the time of the murder.

If I were thrown in prison, I might legitimately object, but if I were
arrested and questioned, that is exactly as it should be, for I would
be a legitimate suspect.

> In many countries people cannot get job due to medical records.

Society is full of inequities :  you can protect an organisation
against the risk of employing someone who is likely to be unable
to fulfil their duties because of an undeclared medical condition,
or you can protect the individual against the risk of being deemed
unemployable by an organisation because if known, his or her health
record would make them unsuitable for employment.  You cannot do both.

Far enough off-topic for me to propose that we draw this digression
to a close.

** Phil.