[tex-live] Outstanding question about Hebrew and Greek hyphenation patterns

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 11:13:01 CEST 2013

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2013/9/20 Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
> > Surely it is possible to instruct Install-TL to install Plain TeX
> > with all specific and generic support packages, but not to install
> > LaTeX and all its packages, Context and all its packages, and so on.
> > This is all I am seeking; surely I am not the only TeX Live user
> > who wants the fruit but not the expensive fancy packaging ?
>
> No, but that request is rare. The advise is to install everything as storage
> space is cheap and networks are mostly fast enough.

one or other is plainly not the case for phil.  (either that, or he has
a snail's-pace computer, which hardly seems likely.)

fast net connections are uncommon (or ruinously expensive) in rural
england (where phil lives), so that's probably the problem.  for only
slightly less than i pay for 30mbit/s, my mother gets a basic isdn
service ... but of course, she doesn't care.