[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Urs Liska ul at openlilylib.org
Mon Sep 16 22:59:06 CEST 2013

Am 09.09.2013 02:03, schrieb Karl Berry:
>      Do you think the issue is general enough to justify a self-answered
>      question on stackoverflow to help someone running into a similar
>      situation?
>
> I have no opinion.
>
>      where should I place the common library file(s
>
> Ok, have two directories in your CTAN upload zip:
> bin/{exec1,exec2,...}.py
> lib/{lib1,lib2,...}.py
>
>      kpsewhich only seems to find the library when it is stored in the
>      texlive installation directory, and not if it is located in my
>      personal ~/texmf tree.
>
> Works for me.  You have to create the TDS structure under ~/texmf.
> In an unaltered TL13 installation:
>
> $ mkdir ~/texmf/scripts/foo
> $ touch ~/texmf/scripts/foo/bar.py
> $ kpsewhich --progname=foo --format=texmfscripts bar.py
> /u/karl/texmf/scripts/foo/bar.py
>
>      - Installation from CTAN zip:
>         library is in a different directory but not found through kpsewhich.
>
> It is standard for people installing directly from CTAN to have to "move
> files to the correct TDS directories".  In other words, you don't have
> to worry about the case of people just unzipping the package and
> expecting to be able to run the scripts directly.
>
> karl
I finally managed to create a .zip and upload it to CTAN last night.
Despite your generous and qualified help (or perhaps because of the need
for this) I'm far from taking for granted I did everything right.
So please: If you have to handle the new lilyglyphs package and run into
problems please check back with me instead of discarding it ...

Best and thank you very much for your patience
Urs