[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 5 01:33:16 CEST 2013

    As far as I've understood I should consider the initial '/' to be
    equivalent to a 'texmf' directory.
    Below that comes [doc|source|tex|scripts|...] and below these the
    package-name.
    Is that correct?

More or less, for a .tds.zip, yes.  I say "more or less" because except
for scripts/, the packagename/ level is not directly under the top level
{doc,source,tex,...}/.  If you browse around in the current texmf-dist
tree in TL, you will see.

    But when I do _not_ provide the tds.zip file (which would be a relief
    for me anyway)

Indeed, I continue to recommend that you not create a .tds.zip.
You can always do so in the future, if it turns out to be useful.

    we're talking about the lilyglyphs.zip file.  This has /lilyglyphs
    as its root and then all the other dirs like doc, source or scripts
    below that. Right?

Right, although that leading / makes me nervous :).

(Heading out now, I'll be offline until tomorrow ...)

Best,