[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Sep 4 18:41:22 CEST 2013

Am Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:03:45 +0200 schrieb Urs Liska:

>>> That is, I have to write: "You find the scripts in the
>>> /scripts/lilyglyphs directory of your TeX installation. Please set the
>>> executable bit yourself and maybe put that to your search path"?

>> Normally the distributions provides wrappers for scripts. E.g.
>> miktex creates a makeglossaries.exe which then calls perl
>> makeglossaries.pl. But the user still has to install the script
>> language first.
>>
>> (And a normal windows user will probably not understand "set
>> executable bit").

> Does that mean I should simply put the scripts in a /scripts/lilyglpyhs
> directory and wait for the distribution to create wrapper scripts for
> it? And how would I refer to these beforehand?

Before what? When the distributions create the first time a
distribution-package of lilyglyphs they will also (if there are
willing to create the wrappper at all and if they realize that it is
needed) create the wrapper.

User which get your package directly from CTAN will have to call
script like other python scripts.

Btw: Check that your script is able to find its files even if there
are in another texmf-tree. If not you will have to tell your users
that they will have to move the .py along with your "shadow
directory".

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/