[tex-live] Package preparation question (directory structure)

Urs Liska ul at openlilylib.org
Wed Sep 4 18:03:45 CEST 2013

Am 04.09.2013 17:51, schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

>>> put them in a scripts/ subdirectory,
>> OK
>>> and point the user at them, in the
>>> docs.  *don't* set the "executable" bit in files you upload.
>> That is, I have to write: "You find the scripts in the
>> /scripts/lilyglyphs directory of your TeX installation. Please set the
>> executable bit yourself and maybe put that to your search path"?
> Normally the distributions provides wrappers for scripts. E.g.
> miktex creates a makeglossaries.exe which then calls perl
> makeglossaries.pl. But the user still has to install the script
> language first.
>
> (And a normal windows user will probably not understand "set
> executable bit").
Does that mean I should simply put the scripts in a /scripts/lilyglpyhs
directory and wait for the distribution to create wrapper scripts for
it? And how would I refer to these beforehand?
(Of course I have written in the manual that in order to use the scripts
one has to have Python installed (of course that's not necessary for
_using_ the package)).

Urs