[tex-live] Texlive update ends wih error

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 16 02:28:08 CEST 2013

Hi Jose,

    mtxrun --generate failed (status -1), output:

If mtxrun doesn't output anything about why it's exiting unsuccessfully,
well, tlmgr can't guess what to tell you, and I cannot guess the origin
of the problem either.  You could run mtxrun --generate by hand (from
the shell) and see what happens.  Or, unless you use ConTeXt (which I'm
guessing you don't, or you'd already know what was going on), it doesn't
matter and you can just forget about it.

    Use of uninitialized value $out in concatenation (.) or string at
    /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 653.

That's an unimportant warning not relevant to whatever the actual
problem is.  (I fixed it for a future release.)

Best,
Karl