[tex-live] install-tl inserts 2013/.. in TEXMFLOCAL

Wybo Dekker wybo at dekkerdocumenten.nl
Thu May 30 14:11:20 CEST 2013

I installed the preview texlive as follows:

    rsync -ai --delete --exclude="mactex*"
ftp.cstug.cz::pub/tex/local/tlpretest/ /usr/local/texlive/2013/
    /usr/local/texlive/2013/install-tl

without changing anything, just typed i (install); the interface tells
me that TEXMFLOCAL will be

    TEXMFLOCAL (directory for site-wide local files):
      /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local

However, after the install, kpsewhich tells me:

    $ kpsewhich -expand-var \$TEXMFLOCAL
    /usr/local/texlive/2013/../texmf-local

This is correct, of course, but as I use kpsewhich in scripts to create
links, those will be broken after installing texlive 2014 and removing
the 2013 directory.
--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Wybo Dekker 		e:	wybo at dekkerdocumenten.nl