[tex-live] [autoinst]: doesn't generate Type1

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Thu May 16 10:25:32 CEST 2013

Bob Tennent <rdt at cs.queensu.ca> writes:

> That isn't my experience. It's actually cfftot1 of the lcdftypetools
> package that generates Type 1 fonts and if there are errors or even
> warnings, autoinst won't save the fonts. If I apply cfftot1 in TeXLive
> 2012 to the MinionPro fonts from the Adobe Reader, I get the following
> messages:

Hello Bob,

thanks for sharing your experience. Now I understand a bit more how
things play together. I also observed that cfftot1 generates the PFBs
while autoinst just created an empty dir. So I was unsure where to look
for the culprit.

> I don't have a system with TeXLive 2013 pretest at hand but I doubt
> that the behaviour of autoinst there is different from TeXLive 2012,
> though it's always possible cfftot1 is different.

I came upon it after yesterday's update to AR 11.0.3. On noticing that
the Minion files were newer compared to AR 11.0.2 I hoped that the fonts
were improved somehow so I ran autoinst again and got a different result
(no PFBs). Now I see that it is not a TL issue but more things collude.

Thanks.

--
Uwe