[tex-live] Symantec reports dvi2tty.exe infected.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 8 01:19:18 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-07 at 14:32:20 -0500, Dan Luecking wrote:

 > Symantec Endpoint Protection has blocked the installation of
 > dvi2tty.exe on Win7, claiming it detects something called
 > Suspicious.Cloud.5.
 >
 > This happened again when I retried with a different repository.
 >
 > I seldom use dvi2tty so this is not a serious problem and anyway
 > the 2012 version is still in the path (and a backup of the previous
 > 2013 still exists).
 >
 > It is probably a false positive, but it seemed like I ought to
 > report it.

It's certainly a false positive but there is nothing we can do about
it.  Some virus scanners are known to clash with TeX Live.

Nobody sofar complaied about Avira.  It's free in the sense of
free-beer, not free in the sense of FSF.  Unless you pay for it, it
bothers you advertising itself, though only once per session.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25