[tex-live] new babel in TL

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 7 12:30:31 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 7/5/13 10:06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> - I just realized that "turkmen" contains babel-turkish, but I have
>> put hyph-turkish under langother. That probably needs a change (moving
>> hyph-turkish to langturkmen)?
>

> Just noticed this go by... I'd be a bit surprised if the same hyphenation
> was appropriate for both Turkish and Turkmen. Has something gotten mixed up
> here?

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc/collection-langturkmen.tlpsrc?r1=17578&r2=30306

The description for langturkmen has recently changed from "Support for
typesetting Turkmen." to "Support for typesetting Turkish and
Turkmen."

However (I'm sorry for my slightly weird question earlier), if both
Turkmen and Turkish should be in the same group, the group would need
to be renamed, possibly to langturkic. Or babel-turkish should be
placed to langother. Given that hardly any language is grouped with
another one (apart from a big family of indic and "czechoslovak" and
maybe some more), it might seem a bit weird to have Turkish and
Turkmen together indeed.

Mojca