[tex-live] Bug report for package "texlive-lang-armenian" version "2012.20120611-2" is empty

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 3 19:24:52 CEST 2013

> The author of the package ArmTeX (Serguei Dachian) told me that the
> package is currently available for Debian and that it is free of
> charge.

i'm rather surprised that it should be available for debian.  the only
armenian available to my ubuntu system is the debian
"texlive-lang-armenian" which doesn't seem to hold anything much.

> It seems to me that the problem is caused by the use of a
> non-standard license (free but retaining copyright) and this could be
> avoided if the author had used "The LaTeX Project Public License",
> correct? If this is the case, I can inform the author and the issue
> can be quickly fixed. Otherwise, please let me know if Serguei or me
> should contact someone about this.

the catalogue says:

  <license type='other-nonfree' checked='2010-11-22' file='readme.txt'
           version='2.0' username='robin [from report by karl berry]'
           note='the files are nomodify'/>

the original specification of lppl was to say "nomodify"; this is not
acceptable in a free licence, and so got changed in the movement to
the current version lppl 1.3c

certainly if dachian could be persuaded provide a version that said
(in the files uploaded) that it was subject to current lppl, that
would remove _that_ reason for the package not to be in tl.

if such a package were uploaded to ctan, one of us could install it,
and a further request to tex live would be in order.

(note that i merely supply info to the tex live people, and cannot
make any promises.  but tex live will definitely never take the
package in its present state.)

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team