[tex-live] texlive vs. miktex

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:21:09 CET 2013

2013/3/4 ghostanime2001 <ghostanime2001 at gmail.com>:
> hi, I was first having problems with miktex 2.9 not being able to show
> pstricks graphics after doing basic installation. Does texlive support
> pstricks graphics directly to PDF?

I am not sure about its current support in XeLaTeX, it might work both
in TeX Live and MiKTeX. Anyway, as the "ps" in the package name says,
PostScript is requred. It cannot in principle work in pdftex. You have
to create dvi, then use dvips and finally convert ps to pdf. I am not
sure whether dvipdfm can convert it directly from dvi to pdf.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/