[tex-live] Problem with Babel

Philip Kime philkime at kime.org.uk
Thu Jun 27 10:23:51 CEST 2013

This is due to a fairly exciting internal change in polyglossia 1.2 - the
macro which biblatex is trying to patch now contains \directlua and this
really upsets the patching commands from etoolbox. You can pull biblatex
2.7 dev version from SourceForge which fixes this - we are essentially
removing polyglossia "support" until version 3.0. Polyglossia has never
been supported or really worked with biblatex anyway. The patching of
polyglossia was, I think, a bit of an accident since it happens to contain
a \select at language macro, just like babel. As of version 1.2, this macro
started to contain a LuaTeX conditional and so became unpatchable.

--
Dr Philip Kime