[tex-live] small bug re installing x86_64-darwinvs.universal-darwin

tljack at forallx.net tljack at forallx.net
Mon Jan 21 21:01:43 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 07:53:01AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Easy solution if you hate it:
> * install both platforms
> * after installation finished hand edit the texlive.tlpdb in your
>   installation directory (maybe /usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb)
>   and add the line
> 	depend setting_platform:x86_64-darwin
>   below the line
> 	depend setting_available_architecture:universal_darwin x86_64-darwin
>   (order of the two _darwin items might be reversed)
> * change your path to use x86_64-darwin
> * run tlmgr update --list and check if everything work
> * remove universal-darwin with
> 	tlmgr platform remove universal-darwin
> That *SHOULD* work and make you happy.
I discovered something like this previously on one of my Mountain Lion
machines.  But I had no clue that 'depend_setting_platform' was
something that could go in the tlpdb.  By trial and error, I changed

  depend setting_available_architecture:universal_darwin x86_64-darwin

by simply deleting the 'univesal-darwin' part.

This made tlmgr only fetch 64's after the adjustment, but it still
thought that 'universal-darwin' was my real arch.  Probably that's what
'depend_setting_platform' would fix.


More information about the tex-live mailing list