[tex-live] w32transplant - testing needed

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Feb 27 12:52:30 CET 2013

w32transplant can be used to transplant a TL installation from a donor PC to another PC, saving time, network bandwidth etc. May also be usefull in IT departments as it can be used to make unattended TL installations (just unpack a ZIP file, and run a bat script).

I've written a little about it on

http://home.imf.au.dk/daleif/w32transplant/

where one can download the transplant script and even find a small sample TL to transplant.

For now I seem to have one serious caveat:

During the transplant, we should only add new file associations. But due to an error I haven't figured out yet, file associations seems to be overwritten (at least on my virtual test server). PDF files are associated to PSV.exe.
I'm guessing it is an easy fix, just have to dig deep enough in TLWinGoo.pm

Credit go to Siep Kroonenberg, as w32transplant is just a small rewrite of his w32client script.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@imf / More information: http://au.dk/en/daleif@imf