[tex-live] PDF/A-1b compliancy with (pdf,lua)TeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Dec 20 23:47:16 CET 2013

On 2013-12-20 at 14:11:10 +0100, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > 2013/12/20 Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com>:
 > >
 > > After patches were applied typesetting ran smoothly. pdfx  needs to be
 > > loaded after hyperrref
 > >
 > That's what I do not like, hyperref may have undesirable side effects
 > and there are (or at least were) conflicts with some packages. I would
 > like to have minimalist PDF/A and PDF/X support that does not require
 > hyperref.

I don't see any problem here.  Once the PDF file is created it doesn't
matter anymore *how* the hyperlinks were created.

The package clashes you encountered have nothing to do with PDF/A or
PDF/X.  They occur when you *create* a PDF file.  And if there are
clashes at all, then at least two packages are involved.  So why do
you suggest to remove hyperref and not the other package?  Sure, it
can be extremely difficult to find out who the culprit is.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25