[tex-live] PDF/A-1b compliancy with (pdf,lua)TeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 15:31:17 CET 2013

I agree that hyperref is useful, I use it quite often but not always.
PDF/X files serve for printing, you cannot click on a piece of paper,
thus it is useless if I know that the document will be printed and
never published as PDF. The manual for the Velthuis Devanagari package
used hyperref many years ago but then with one version it was not
possible to compile the document with hyperref. I had an opder version
with which it work, a newer version with which a fatal error was
reported. There were too many changes in several files so that I was
not able to figure out the source of the problem. I have not tried
whether it works with the current version. This is why I want to have
a minimalist solution. There may be cases where hyperref must not be
used for various reasons. Of course, PDF/A is intended for archivation
and hyperref will almost always used for such documents bu I deal very
often with documents that will be just printed and not available in
other means.